1. How to obtain Turkish citizenship?
There are many ways, the most important of which is by purchasing a property.
2. What is the minimum value of the property for Turkish citizenship?
At least $250.000
3. How is the value of property assessed?
A property value assessment certified by the Turkish government should be obtained.
4. How long is it acceptable to prepare the property assessment report?
Three months maximum as of the date of application
5. Can I register the property value in TAPU at a lower price than that of the actual price to reduce taxes?
No way. In case of contradicted values, the application will be denied.
6. How is the dollar exchange rate calculated when paying for the property?
It is calculated according to the actual price at the date of purchase.
7. Is it OK for a property price to be less than $250.000?
8. Can I pay the value of the property in cash?
No. Payment must be made via bank transfer.
9. How can I check the whole value of the property payment is made?
Payment checking can be made by transfer receipts that prove bank transfer between buyer and seller.
10. Can I purchase a property from my brother or a non-Turkish friend to apply for Turkish citizenship?
No. You have to purchase a property from a Turkish citizen or a Turkish company.
Can I waive a property to someone else, then I purchase it for Turkish citizenship?
No. You cannot waive a property to someone else and repurchase it after 12.01.2017.
12. Can I purchase a property in installments for Turkish citizenship?
Only paid amounts shall be calculated. Any other installments or real estate loans shall not be calculated.
13. Can I sell the property directly after obtaining Turkish citizenship?
No. The property cannot be sold before three years of purchase date.
14. If I obtain Turkish citizenship after purchasing a property, will my family and children obtain Turkish citizenship?
Yes. Wife and children under 18 will obtain Turkish citizenship.