Step-by-Step Guide to Open Bank Account in Turkey
Many residents are opening a bank account in Turkey, in parallel with Turkey's recent qualitative leap which has included several vital sectors in the country. The Turkish economy
Table of Content
Why is it Important to Open Bank Account in Turkey?
- Paying the fees due (study installments, purchase-rent)
- Paying all kind of bills (water, gas, electricity, internet)
- Transferring funds smoothly within and outside the country.
- Access to e-shopping through credit cards.
- Conducting an exchange between currency categories.
- Banks rely on smartphones applications, for conducting all processes possible where you are, without having to personally visit your bank.
What is the Credit Card?
- Provide protection and security from theft or loss
- Ensure the rights of their owners, such as ensuring the financial ability of the credit card holder.
- Knowing the bank account value associated with the card
- The possibility of use in many places such as restaurants, shops; which contributed to an increase in the volume of sales for them.
Types of Bank Accounts in Turkey?
1. The Current Account
What banking services can be done through current accounts?
- Money transfer.
- Checkbook Transactions.
- Repayment of loans and credit cards.
- Payment of contributions, fees, and rent.
- Paying bills, taxes, insurance premiums and social security.
- Foreign currency transactions and precious metals.
- Transfer of deferred funds.
- Payment of periodic installments (transfer of deferred funds) such as buying real estate in installments in Turkey and paying of the installment amount per month to the account of the construction company.
- Forex trading orders and gold.
- Automated payment orders (automatic payment or bill payment every month, for example, and this process is automatically scheduled without the need for the intervention of the account holder).
2. Participatory Account
A type of account that allows the distribution of returns - within the scope of the profit and loss partnership - between the account holder and the bank operating under the participatory system.
3. Gold Current Account
A type of account that is indefinite and provides an opportunity to evaluate savings in the form of gold.
- This account can be used for saving.
- The possibility of buying or selling gold at any time.
- The minimum transaction is 0.01 grams.
- Retains gold stored by 995/1000 purity.
- A certificate to be in return for the saved gold (at the banks where real gold buying and selling is available, such as Kuwait Turk Bank).
- With the gold in the current gold account, you can issue gold checks and convert the gold through the Bank transfer.
- You can withdraw gold in grams from the branches of Kuvet Turk Bank, as an example.
4. Other Bank Account Typeslike insurance account, temporary interest account, savings account...
Required Documents to Open Bank Account in Turkey
- Foreign ID number.
- Tax number from the tax department office.
- Address paper (residence permit, Copy of bills not exceeding 3 months).
Steps To Open Bank Account in Turkey
- Submitting an address paper.
- Going to the tax department personally with your passport, for getting a tax number for foreigners for free and the process will take place within minutes unless there is a crowd.
- After getting the tax number, you can go to any bank you choose and open an account whether in a dollar, euro or Turkish lira.
- A bank account can be opened in Turkey for non-resident, So it is not necessary to be in Turkey to complete the process of opening a bank account, by conducting all transactions on the Internet from outside Turkey, which makes it possible to open a bank account in Turkey for foreigners, but some banks may need a Turkish mobile phone number to send a text message to confirm ownership.
Learn why Turkish citizenship applications are rejected and avoid making the same mistakes. This guide helps you underst...
If you are Tunisian and have questions about working in Turkiye for Tunisians, the opportunities available to them, and...
Green Turkish passport holders are allowed to travel to many European countries without a visa. Learn about its importan...