Frequently Asked Questions
The most important questions we receive regarding obtaining citizenship through buying real estate in Turkey, and how to obtain Turkish citizenship, and the accurate answers based on Turkish laws from their sources, and our practical experience for the best practices in the Turkish real estate
Turkish citizenship can be obtained through real estate investment with more than $250 thousand in Turkey, along with a pledge not to sell the property for 3 years.
The citizenship law in Turkey which is published in the Turkish Official Newspaper on 19-09-2018 includes the possibility to apply for Turkish citizenship, according to one of the following ways:
- Buying a property worth more than $ 250,000, and not selling it for 3 years.
- A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
- Providing job opportunities for 50 Turkish citizens at least.
- Depositing no less than 500 thousand dollars in a Turkish bank.
1. Buying a property in Turkey from a Turkish citizen or from a Turkish legal person (such as buying from Turkish real estate company).
2. The property must have a statutory title deed (a title deed must be issued to it) even if it is still under construction.
3. The price of the property is more than 250 thousand USD.
4. Paying the price of the property through a bank transfer from a bank outside or inside Turkey.
5. The buyer pledges not to sell the property for 3 years.
- Obtaining real estate residence in Turkey
- Grants you Turkish citizenship if the property is worth $ 250,000
- A profitable investment return based on the attractive tourism power in Turkey
- International schools and universities provide different languages and curriculums
- The cost of living is relatively low compared to Europe.
- Both parties should be completely qualified and satisfied
- The property must be legal
- Property price must be clear
- The property must be fit for ownership
- The contract must be registered in a specific format with the notary
- Real estate legal description
- Presence of the contract owner
- Choose the right property.
- Prepare the following documents: a copy of the title deed + location statement from the municipality + 4 personal photos.
- Obtaining the tax number from the Tax Department.
- Translating the passport into Turkish and notarizing it by the notary.
- Signing the purchase contract with the seller and making a down payment.
- Submitting a request to transfer ownership to the security authorities.
It is a tax imposed on the one who inherits the estate of the deceased person.
It is a law applied to the legal heirs of immovable property within the Turkish territory, which determines the heirs and their specific legal shares of the estate.
In general, movable property is subject to the inheritance laws of the country that the deceased owner holds its nationality, while the Turkish law is applied regarding immovable property and real estate.
The inheritance tax in Turkey is relatively low, it varies depending on the value of the investor's property, where a lower percentage tax is deducted as the property price gets lower.Read the detailed information about inheritance tax and inheritance law in Turkey
In the absence of a legal will, the first to inherit the estate of the deceased is the children, husband, or wife.
- The landlord and his/her family members have the right to enjoy all residence permit rights in Turkey, and allow the entry to Turkey without visas or prior security clearances.
- Real estate residence permit (residence in Turkey by buying a real estate) is similar to the tourist residence permit in several aspects, but the real estate residence permit is considered stronger in terms of renewability and the granted duration.
- Opening a bank account in one of the Turkish banks, and enjoying the freedom of banking and receiving and sending money.
- The possibility of applying to an embassy of another country from inside Turkey to obtain its visa.
- You can apply for a Turkish driver's license.
- The right to own a private car in Turkey.
- An opportunity to obtain medical insurance in Turkey's hospitals.
- Registration in Turkish schools and universities.
- Holders of real estate residence permit are also entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship if their real estate property value reaches 250 thousand USD and within specific conditions.
To obtain a real estate residence permit, it is required that:
- The foreigner must own a residence or property intended for residence, and that it is used for residence.
- The property must be registered in the Land Registry and the title deed must be obtained.
- Obtaining all the required documents and the necessary legal forms.