The Best Guide to Permanent Residence Permit in Turkey
The permanent residence permit is one of many types residence permits in Turkey, learn more about its requirments and how to acquire it for foreigners.
The Best Guide to Permanent Residence Permit in Turkey
Table of Content
- List of the Different Types of Residence Permits in Turkey
- Important Requirments to Get the Permanent Residence in Turkey
- Benefits and Exceptions of the Permanent Residence Permit in Turkey
- The Requirement Documents to Apply for Long-Term Residence in Turkey
List of the Different Types of Residence Permits in Turkey
- Tourist stay in Turkey (short-term residence permit in Turkey).
- Residence in Turkey by buying a property (real estate residence permit in Turkey).
- Work permit in Turkey.
- Student stay permit in Turkey.
- Human stay in Turkey.
- Family stay in Turkey (family residence permit in Turkey).
Important Requirments to Get the Permanent Residence in Turkey
- The permanent residence permit is granted on Turkish territory with the consent of the Ministry of the Interior to a foreign resident residing on Turkish territory continuously for eight years without interruption.
- Eight years are counted without interruption as stated in Article 38 of the law, where half the duration of the student residence permit is calculated and the duration of the other residence permits is calculated in full.
- Has not received social assistance during the last three years.
- The resident must have sufficient income to secure his living and his family's livelihood on a regular basis.
- The resident must have valid health insurance.
- Should not pose a threat to public order and public security.
Benefits and Exceptions of the Permanent Residence Permit in Turkey
- Permanent residence shall not be granted to refugees, to secondary protection or to a humanitarian residence, nor to those granted temporary protection.
- Foreigners who have a long-term residence permit may enjoy most of the rights granted to a Turkish citizen, except for some basic rights such as: (candidacy, election, public office, importation of cars).
- The permanent resident is exempted from the obligation to do the military service.
- The permanent resident holder shall retain his acquired insurance rights.
- Permanent residence permits are issued in Turkey indefinitely (without limits).
The Requirement Documents to Apply for Long-Term Residence in Turkey
- Application form for the residence permit.
- The Original and original copy of passport or travel document.
- Submitting the previous residence permit document.
- Two passport-sized photographs.
- A document showing that the applicant had not received any social assistance from institutions and non-governmental organizations during the past three years.
- Statement showing that the financial resources are adequate and durable during the period of residence in Turkey.
- Non-sentenced document.
- Medical insurance (Sigorta).
- Application of the permanent residence.
- Home address.
Reasons to Reject or Cancel the Permanent Residence Permit for Foreigners in Turkey
- If the foreigner poses a serious threat to public order and security.
- If he or she resides outside Turkey for more than one year without interruption, except for the conditions of health, education and compulsory public service in his country.
In these cases, according to the system of residence in Turkey, the long-term residence permit can be canceled by the Immigration Department of the Turkish provinces.
FAQ about permanent (long-term) residence in Turkey
The long term residence in Turkey or known as long-term residency can be issued by the governorates, there are many ways to get it, but the best way is to start a buisness or purchase a property in Turkey. The Turkish law didn’t set an specific amount of investment, however, it would suffice to prove that you own a property along with sucfficent finanacial funds.
Yes, the permanent residency can be issued when the foreign meet a set of requirements, such as proving their ownership to a property with an adequate financial funds, also can be granted if the foreign residing in Turkey for 8 years. The response will be issued directly from Turkish government within 2 months.
The holders of long term residence in Turkey can have many benefits same as the Turkish citizens with slighlty some exemptions such as, the right to vote and to be elected, the obligation to military service, the right to benefit from public services, however, they are exempted from customs in case of importing vehicles.
If you hold a vaild residence permit in Turkey of one of these types (tourism, medical, sport acitivity) for minimum period of 6 months, then you are eligiable to apply for work permit to the ministry of work in Turkey, however, student residence is excluded from such right.
The permanent residence permit in Turkey can be issued by the ministry approval, as the foreign has to meet some requirments which have stated by migration department in Turkey. The foreigns who resided in Turkey for 8 years are eligiable to apply for permanent residence permit.
Learn about the types of residence permits in Turkey for Saudis and the conditions for residence in Turkey and how Saudi...
Your guide to learn about the types of residency in Turkey for Algerians and how Algerians obtain it, and the conditions...
Detailed information on how to obtain residency in Turkey for Jordanians and its conditions including tourist residency,...