How Do I Meet the Conditions for Obtaining Turkish Citizenship?
Many questions are frequently asked about the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship
How Do I Meet the Conditions for Obtaining Turkish Citizenship?
Many questions are frequently asked about the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship, especially if we know that Turkey is one of the most important countries that grant you citizenship once you buy a property under certain conditions.
In this context, we answer a number of important questions on this subject.
Q: How to get Turkish citizenship?
A: You can meet the conditions for getting Turkish citizenship in many ways.
In the beginning, we review four ways to obtain Turkish citizenship:
- Living in Turkey for five consecutive years with a work permit.
- Exceptional Turkish citizenship, which is granted in special cases, mainly involving university degree holders in the first place.
- Real estate investment with not less than 250 thousand dollars for a period of at least three years.
- Apply for citizenship after three years of marriage to a Turkish citizen.
Q: Regarding the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship through marriage, are there any specific conditions?
A: Yes, the following elements are required in order to obtain citizenship by marriage:
- Proof of good faith, that marriage should be based on sound foundations and is intended to create a family, not based on mere interest.
- Not showing any action proving the contrary.
- The foreign spouse or wife must not pose a threat to Turkish national security and public security.
Q: What facilities have been introduced to the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship?
A: After the amendment of the citizenship law, the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship have become easier. Anyone who fulfills the conditions has the right to apply for Turkish citizenship according to one of the following items:
- Buying a property worth at least $ 250,000 and not selling it for three years instead of $ 1 million in the previous decision.
- Fixed investment of at least US $ 500,000.
- Provide Job opportunities for at least 50 Turkish citizens, instead of 100 citizens.
- Reduction of deposit required in Turkish banks from $ 3 million to $ 500 thousand.
Q: Is completing the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship so complicated?
A: Do not bother with the details, Imtilak team will carry out and complete all transactions to fulfill all the conditions of Turkish citizenship.
Q: What is the guaranteed way to fulfill the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship?
A: The subjective factors and circumstances related to each person must play a decisive role in choosing the method of acquiring Turkish citizenship from the above-mentioned methods.
However, after reviewing the legal methods for getting Turkish citizenship, real estate investment in Turkey seems to be the guaranteed way to obtain Turkish citizenship in this regard.
Q: Besides getting Turkish citizenship, are there other advantages expected?
A: Let’s not forget the investment side of the economic feasibility expected of the investment process, which starts as a real estate investment and may not end up with the strong Turkish passport only!
Q: How long is the waiting period after fulfilling the conditions of obtaining Turkish citizenship by a property?
A: Once you have purchased the property conforming to all the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship, and submitted the required documents in full to the Turkish government, The process of granting you citizenship will take no more than three months on average. During this period, our team will follow up your file including your name and your spouse's name with all your children who are not 18 years old yet.
Q: If I buy a property for Turkish citizenship, can I rent it out?
A: Yes, the property can be rented out. It is important that you keep the property and not sell it for only 3 years.
Q: Does the purchase of any residential or commercial property conform to the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship?
A: Yes, you can buy any property you choose, provided that it exceeds 250 thousand dollars, whether it is an apartment, villa, shop or any other property in Turkey.
Q: What documents are required to obtain a residence permit until I get citizenship?
A: To obtain a document authorizing you to reside in Turkey until your naturalization decision is issued, the following documents are required:
- Residence permit application form.
- Certificate of Conformity (i.e. conformity of the property to the specifications of granting citizenship can be obtained from the Department of Tapu).
- Original passport + photocopy (must be the person applying for residence in person).
- 4 Biometric personal photos (recent).
- Valid health insurance.
Q: What are the documents required to fulfill the conditions of obtaining Turkish citizenship in return for buying a property?
A: The following documents must be submitted in full:
- Copy of the Tabu (title deed of the purchased property), or the contract of sale promise with the notary public.
- A valid evaluation report for the property, noting that the validity of the real estate evaluation reports is three months, with a value not exceeding the value recorded in the title deed.
However, It has a specific issuance cost and is got within two or three working days by a valuation institution licensed by the Turkish government.
- Original payment receipts from the buyer's account, stamped by the sender bank.
- Original receipts receivable from the seller's account stamped from the receiving bank.
These receipts are considered certified proof that the property has been paid and transferred from the seller's account to the buyer's account.
Two copies of the agency related to applying for citizenship, which is granted by the investor to the law team to file the nationality file and follow it up with the official departments.
The Agency is organized through the Notary of Turkey (Notar) at an estimated cost of 600 to 700 TL per copy.
If the investor's spouse is added to the citizenship file, a similar agency must be provided for each spouse, and one joint agency may be organized for the client and his wife.
The legal team fees vary according to each case in terms of the number of papers and the number of individuals in the file and others.
- Translation of the passport into Turkish language, certified by the notary in Turkey (Notar) for the whole family: husband, wife, and children under 18 years of age.
Edited by: Imtilak Real Estate ©
Did you like our topic? You can share it with your friends now!
Learn more about the Esenyurt area in Istanbul, the advantages of living and investing in it, its most beautiful tourist...
Learn about the Besiktas area in Istanbul, its most beautiful tourist places, and the advantage of housing and investmen...
Learn about the most important elements of the Turkish economy in 2020, its strengths, weaknesses, and future expectatio...