Questions about the Real estate residence permit in Turkey
- Advantages of real estate residence permit in Turkey
- Conditions of real estate residence permit in Turkey
- Documents required for real estate residence permit in Turkey
- Duration of real estate residence permit in Turkey
- The cost of real estate residence permit in Turkey
In short, it is a renewable residence permit, granted to foreigners who own real estate or properties in Turkey. Real estate residence permit (residence in Turkey by buying a property) is usually granted for one year, also the wife and children under the age of 18 are entitled to obtain residence permits as they are considered to be the escorts of the owner.Click here for more details
Among the most important advantages of real estate residence permit:
- The landlord and his/her family members have the right to enjoy all residence permit rights in Turkey, and allow the entry to Turkey without visas or prior security clearances.
- Real estate residence permit (residence in Turkey by buying a real estate) is similar to the tourist residence permit in several aspects, but the real estate residence permit is considered stronger in terms of renewability and the granted duration.
- Opening a bank account in one of the Turkish banks, and enjoying the freedom of banking and receiving and sending money.
- The possibility of applying to an embassy of another country from inside Turkey to obtain its visa.
- You can apply for a Turkish driver's license.
- The right to own a private car in Turkey.
- An opportunity to obtain medical insurance in Turkey's hospitals.
- Registration in Turkish schools and universities.
- Holders of real estate residence permit are also entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship if their real estate property value reaches 400 thousand USD and within specific conditions.
To obtain a real estate residence permit, it is required that:
- The foreigner must own a residence or property intended for residence, and that it is used for residence.
- The property must be registered in the Land Registry and the title deed must be obtained.
- Obtaining all the required documents and the necessary legal forms.
The required documents to apply for a real estate residence permit in Turkey are:
- Title deed of the property.
- Earthquakes insurance of the real estate.
- A passport with six months validity at least.
- A family statement of the children, translated into Turkish and ratified by the Turkish embassy in the home country.
- Health insurance in the Turkish territory for each family member.
The real estate residence permit is usually granted for one or two years, and it is possible to renew it annually.
This matter does not differ between a province and the other in terms of the duration of the real estate residence permit granted and estimating that is up to the responsible administration, with the possibility of granting two years of residence permit to whoever those who have health insurance that covers this period, in addition to having the same validity period in the passport too.
Those who want to obtain real estate residence in Turkey should pay attention to the fact that the price of the property to be purchased must be $75,000 onwards in large cities such as Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Antalya, Gaziantep, Adana and Mersin.
The property in smaller Turkish cities must be worth $50,000 onwards if the foreign investor wishes to obtain real estate residency in Turkey.
It should be noted that the real estate valuation report should be equal to the mentioned minimum value to ensure the extraction of a real estate residence permit.
The costs of applying for a real estate residence permit in Turkey are simple and easy, as they are limited to health insurance whose value varies according to the age group, and some other fees.
The Syrians are among the nationalities that the Turkish law does not allow them to own real estate directly within the Turkish Republic territory, but they are entitled to own by establishing a company and registering the property in the name of that company. Therefore, the Syrians are not entitled to obtain a real estate residence permit, but they are entitled to get other types of residencies.
Owning a property in Turkey worth $ 400,000 gives the owner the right to apply for and obtain the Turkish citizenship, this right includes the owner of the property, the wife/husband, and the children under the age of 18.
But if the real estate value is less than $400,000, the owner is not entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship until he/she includes other properties to his/her ownership, and the total value of the property reaches the specified value mentioned above.