Residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians 2022: types and conditions
A detailed guide on obtaining residence in Turkey for Tunisians, and conditions for residence in Turkey for Tunisians. It includes tourist residency, real estate residency, work residency, and other types.
Residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians 2022: types and conditions
Table of Contents
- Is a residence permit in Turkey available for Tunisians?
- What are the types of residence permits in Turkey for Tunisians?
- 1. Tourist residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- 2. Permanent residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- 3. Real estate residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- 4. Work permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- 5. Family residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- 6. Student residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- After the recent laws, has it become difficult for Tunisians to obtain residency?
- What are the best and most secure types of residence permits in Turkey for Tunisians?
Is a residence permit in Turkey available for Tunisians?
A residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians is available, as is the case with other Arab nationalities whose holders are entitled to apply for a tourist residence permit in Turkey, in addition to the fact that Tunisians are among the Arab nationalities exempted from obtaining a tourist visa for a specific period of stay in Turkey, as well as for transit.
What are the types of residence permits in Turkey for Tunisians?
1. Tourist residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Advantages of tourist residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
The holder of a Turkish tourist residence permit has many important advantages, and perhaps the most important advantages of a tourist residency in Turkey for Tunisians and others are the following:
- Traveling to Turkey without the need to obtain a visa.
- The holder of a tourist residence permit in Turkey has the right to open a bank account in all Turkish and international banks located on its territory.
- The ability to open and register electricity, gas, water, and internet bills.
- The holder of the tourist residence permit may own real estate in all its forms if he/she is of the nationalities allowed to own.
- The tourist residence permit also allows the possibility of buying a car and obtaining a Turkish driving license.
- Tourist residency gives your children the right to free education in all government schools.
- The tourist residence permit facilitates its holder the possibility of obtaining a Schengen visa to the countries of the European Union.
- Tourist residence is a condition for establishing a new company or obtaining a work permit in Turkey.
Conditions for obtaining a tourist residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Tunisians can easily obtain tourist residency in Turkey, and on conditions described as easy, and possible to obtain residency for Tunisians in Turkey, among which we mention the following:
- Having a valid passport for a period of no less than 6 months from the date of entering Turkey.
- The age of the applicant for residency must be over 18 years, otherwise, he/she will be required to have special documents, such as a father’s birth certificate, his/her own birth certificate, a certificate of responsibility, and a certificate of sponsorship from the guardian or what is known as (a pledge of grace), and it must be sealed, translated into Turkish and certified by a notary public in Turkey.
Documents required for a tourist residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
As for the tourist residence documents in Turkey for Tunisians, several things must be mentioned, including:
- Obtain an appointment for residency within 90 days, which is the free period regarding the duration of stay in Turkey for Tunisians.
- Getting the tax number and paying the resulting taxes.
- Booking health insurance.
- There are other documents that you can find out when you contact us.
2. Permanent residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Advantages of permanent residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- A permanent residence holder enjoys most of the rights granted to a Turkish citizen except for running for elections, applying for public jobs, or importing cars from abroad.
- The holder of permanent residence is exempted from the obligation to perform military service in Turkey.
- The holder of permanent residence retains his/her acquired rights related to insurance.
- A permanent residence permit is not limited to a specific period, it is permanent and indefinite.
- A permanent resident has the right to rent or own real estate.
- The possibility of establishing personal or joint-stock companies.
- The possibility of applying for Turkish citizenship.
- Children under the age of 18 are entitled to comprehensive health insurance, and to enroll in free schools in Turkey.
Conditions for a permanent residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
A person applying for permanent residence in Turkey for Tunisians must fulfill the following conditions before applying to it:
- A permanent residence permit is granted to a foreigner residing on Turkish territory for a period of 8 years, without interruption and legally.
- The applicant for permanent residence has not received social assistance during the last three years.
- The resident must have enough income to secure his livelihood and his family on a regular basis.
- The applicant for permanent residence must have valid health insurance.
- Not to be a person who poses a threat to public security in Turkey.
- The eight years are counted without interruption according to Article 38 of the law, where half the duration of the student's residence permit is calculated, and the duration of the other residence permits is calculated in full.
- Permanent residence is not granted to refugees.
- It is not granted to the holders of subsidiary protection or the holders of humanitarian residence, and it is not granted to those who have been granted temporary protection.
- If the residence applicant is under the age of 18, the consent of the guardian, or any legal representative recognized in Turkey, must be obtained.
Documents required for permanent residence in Turkey for Tunisians
- Residence permit application form.
- Passport of the applicant and a copy of it.
- Previous residency permit, whether (student residency - tourist residence - work residence - real estate residence).
- A document showing that the applicant for permanent residence has not received any social assistance from institutions and NGOs during the last three years.
- Two passport-sized photos.
- A statement revealing that the applicant's financial income is sufficient during the period of stay.
- Non-judged document
- Valid medical insurance.
- The residential address from the Department of Population proves the place of residence.
- Permanent residency application.
3. Real estate residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Advantages of real estate residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
A real estate residence permit (residency in Turkey by buying a property) shares many aspects with tourist residency, but real estate residency is considered stronger in terms of the ability and duration of renewal granted.
The residence permit enables the owner of the property to reside in Turkish territory, by buying an apartment in Turkey and residency, but he is not entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship through this residence unless the property is worth at least $400,000, then the owner has the right to apply for citizenship Turkish in exchange for buying a property according to specific conditions.
When renewing the real estate residence permit, the title deed must be present on the basis of which the residence was granted, and it is not permissible to apply for anything else.
Conditions for a real estate residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Regarding the conditions for residency in Turkey for Tunisians, here we mean real estate residency in particular. It is necessary to buy a specific property in Turkey, as it was recently stipulated that the price of the property to be purchased should be $75,000 in the large states, such as Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Antalya, Gaziantep, Adana, and Mersin.
As for buying in small Turkish cities, the value of the property must be $50,000, in the event that the foreign investor desires to obtain real estate residence in Turkey, and the real estate evaluation report should be equal to the minimum mentioned to obtain a real estate residence.
Documents required for a real estate residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
- The real estate title deed
- Private earthquake insurance.
- A valid passport for at least six months.
- A family statement for the children is translated into Turkish and certified by the Turkish embassy in the mother country.
- Health insurance in Turkish territory for each family member.
4. Work permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Advantages of a work permit in Turkey for Tunisians
A work permit in Turkey provides its holder with many important advantages, including:
- A work permit holder has the right to apply for Turkish citizenship, after 5 years of the valid work permit, provided that he does not leave Turkish territory for more than 6 months.
- Applying for a Schengen visa to enter the European Union.
- The possibility of entering and exiting Turkey without the need for a prior visa.
- The right to benefit from hospital discounts at a rate of 100% in government hospitals, exceeding 75%, and in private hospitals, and this includes (father, mother, husband, wife, and children) who hold regular residence in Turkey.
- A work permit holder in Turkey enjoys full state protection of worker’s rights, and thus all his rights are guaranteed to him while ensuring that he receives the minimum wage and above.
- The holder of a work permit is entitled to obtain residency for all members of his family.
- Children have the opportunity to enroll in public schools and universities for free.
- Obtaining government financial compensation in the event of an accident at work after the end of the 25-year service period.
Conditions of a work permit in Turkey for Tunisians
The conditions for a work permit in Turkey are summarized as follows:
- To obtain a work permit, a tourist residence is required, with a validity period of not less than one month.
- In addition, the company must employ 5 Turks for every foreign employee, with the exception of the company's owner.
- The company's capital shall not be less than 100,000 TL.
- The company pays all taxes owed to the state.
- The company's obligation is to pay all its social insurance.
Documents required for a work permit in Turkey for Tunisians
To obtain a work permit in Turkey, the person must be:
- The owner of a duly licensed company, or one of the partners.
- An employee in a company.
The company’s management applies for a work permit for you in Turkey, following the laws followed in this matter, and it is the one who must pay the cost of a work permit in Turkey for the person applying for a work permit.
Within a period of approximately 30-45 days from the date of submission, the result of the application usually appears, and the work permit in Turkey can be tracked via the application number through the website.
5. Family residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Advantages of a family residence in Turkey for Tunisians
Turkish citizens or residents of Turkey have the right to grant a family residence permit to the husband or wife and to foreign children who are not adults, as well as to the children of the husband or wife who are not adults as well.
Conditions for a family residence in Turkey for Tunisians
Regarding the conditions of a family residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians, the Turkish or foreign host must attend the interview with family members (the applicants), and a tax number must be obtained for each applicant, even if he is a child, and the host must prove that there is sufficient income to support those hosting them
Documents required for a family residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Regarding the documents required for family residency in Turkey for Tunisians, some steps must be followed to apply for residency, which we inform you about when you contact us at Imtilak Real Estate company, as many documents are similar to the ones we referred to in previous paragraphs.
6. Student residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
Advantages of student residence permits in Turkey for Tunisians:
- Exit and enter Turkey within the specified period of stay without the need for a visa.
- Opening a bank account in any Turkish bank.
- Carrying out official transactions and procedures legally.
Conditions for a student residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
After the student arrives in Turkey, he/she must start the procedures for obtaining residency 90 days before the date of his entry, or during the validity of his visa if it is less than 90 days, in order to be legally present in Turkish territory.
Documents required for a student residence permit in Turkey for Tunisians
An appointment must be booked at the Immigration Department before going and starting the procedures, as an appointment is booked online from the Immigration Department website, and the appointment is usually within a month and varies according to workload in the immigration departments, then the student goes on the specified day and hour to the Immigration Department and submits his/her documents, to start the process of getting his/her residence permit.
After the recent laws, has it become difficult for Tunisians to obtain residency?
There have been amendments to the possibility of foreigners obtaining residence in Turkey. These amendments differ in their difficulty and ease regarding the type of residency, and in general, we, at Imtilak Real Estate company, advise you to consult legal and trusted experts in Turkey to ensure the correct submission of the application for residence in Turkey.
What are the best and most secure types of residence permits in Turkey for Tunisians?
Some experts believe that real estate residence permits in Turkey are among the best types of residency in Turkey and the most guaranteed in terms of acceptance rate.
How does Imtilak Real Estate company help Tunisians obtain real estate residency in Turkey?
Through its long experience in the Turkish real estate market, Imtilak Real Estate offers its services in buying a property in Turkey that qualifies for obtaining real estate residency in Turkey for Tunisians. The company also undertakes the follow-up of everything from the moment of searching for the right property, selecting the property, then confirming the sale process, to the moment of issuing the real estate residency document.
Our services continue after this stage, as there is the stage of managing the property, reselling it if the client desires it, and many more of our distinguished services.
Edited by Imtilak Real Estate ©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.
Detailed information on how to obtain residency in Turkey for Jordanians and its conditions including tourist residency,...
Your guide to learning how to obtain a residence permit in Turkey for Lebanese and its conditions including tourist resi...
Your guide to learn everything related to residency in Turkey for Egyptians and conditions of residency in Turkey for Eg...