Frequently Asked Questions
Turkish citizenship can be obtained through real estate investment with more than $400 thousand in Turkey, along with a pledge not to sell the property for 3 years.
The citizenship law in Turkey which is published in the Turkish Official Newspaper on 19-09-2018 includes the possibility to apply for Turkish citizenship, according to one of the following ways:
- Buying a property worth more than $ 250,000, and not selling it for 3 years.
- A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
- Providing job opportunities for 50 Turkish citizens at least.
- Depositing no less than 500 thousand dollars in a Turkish bank.
- Buying a property in Turkey from a Turkish citizen or from a Turkish legal person (such as buying from Turkish real estate company).
- The property must have a statutory title deed (a title deed must be issued to it) even if it is still under construction.
- The price of the property is more than 250 thousand USD.
- Paying the price of the property through a bank transfer from a bank outside or inside Turkey.
- The buyer pledges not to sell the property for 3 years.
It is a tax imposed on the one who inherits the estate of the deceased person.
It is a law applied to the legal heirs of immovable property within the Turkish territory, which determines the heirs and their specific legal shares of the estate.
In general, movable property is subject to the inheritance laws of the country that the deceased owner holds its nationality, while the Turkish law is applied regarding immovable property and real estate.
The inheritance tax in Turkey is relatively low, it varies depending on the value of the investor's property, where a lower percentage tax is deducted as the property price gets lower.Click here for more details
In the absence of a legal will, the first to inherit the estate of the deceased is the children, husband, or wife.
In short, it is a renewable residence permit, granted to foreigners who own real estate or properties in Turkey. Real estate residence permit (residence in Turkey by buying a property) is usually granted for one year, also the wife and children under the age of 18 are entitled to obtain residence permits as they are considered to be the escorts of the owner.Click here for more details
Among the most important advantages of real estate residence permit:
- The landlord and his/her family members have the right to enjoy all residence permit rights in Turkey, and allow the entry to Turkey without visas or prior security clearances.
- Real estate residence permit (residence in Turkey by buying a real estate) is similar to the tourist residence permit in several aspects, but the real estate residence permit is considered stronger in terms of renewability and the granted duration.
- Opening a bank account in one of the Turkish banks, and enjoying the freedom of banking and receiving and sending money.
- The possibility of applying to an embassy of another country from inside Turkey to obtain its visa.
- You can apply for a Turkish driver's license.
- The right to own a private car in Turkey.
- An opportunity to obtain medical insurance in Turkey's hospitals.
- Registration in Turkish schools and universities.
- Holders of real estate residence permit are also entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship if their real estate property value reaches 400 thousand USD and within specific conditions.
To obtain a real estate residence permit, it is required that:
- The foreigner must own a residence or property intended for residence, and that it is used for residence.
- The property must be registered in the Land Registry and the title deed must be obtained.
- Obtaining all the required documents and the necessary legal forms.