Turkish Citizenship Questions
Imtilak provides answers to all questions related to Turkish citizenship and how to obtain it, as follows:
- Turkish Citizenship Advantages
- Conditions of obtaining Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport
- The New Citizenship Law in Turkey
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship by purchasing a property
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment
Turkish citizenship can be obtained through real estate investment with more than $250 thousand in Turkey, along with a pledge not to sell the property for 3 years.
The citizenship law in Turkey which is published in the Turkish Official Newspaper on 19-09-2018 includes the possibility to apply for Turkish citizenship, according to one of the following ways:
- Buying a property worth more than $ 250,000, and not selling it for 3 years.
- A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
- Providing job opportunities for 50 Turkish citizens at least.
- Depositing no less than 500 thousand dollars in a Turkish bank.
1. Buying a property in Turkey from a Turkish citizen or from a Turkish legal person (such as buying from Turkish real estate company).
2. The property must have a statutory title deed (a title deed must be issued to it) even if it is still under construction.
3. The price of the property is more than 250 thousand USD.
4. Paying the price of the property through a bank transfer from a bank outside or inside Turkey.
5. The buyer pledges not to sell the property for 3 years.
The dollar exchange rate will be calculated according to the official rate on the date of purchase, according to the price of the Turkish Central Bank bulletin.
The Turkish government has opened a special office regarding citizenship, it receives requests of investors and speeds up the process of studying the files. Issuing the citizenship decision takes up to 45 days after receiving the file with all the required documents.
No, after receiving the file with all required documents, the citizenship decision is taken after studying the file at the Turkish government only.
The new Turkish citizenship law was issued and it included an amendment regarding certain conditions, whoever fulfill any of them is entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship as follows:
1. Purchasing property of at least $ 250,000 and not selling it for 3 years, instead of $ 1 million in the previous law.
2. A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
3. Providing job opportunities for at least 50 Turkish citizens instead of 100 citizens formerly.
4. Reducing the value of the deposit condition in Turkish banks from 3 million dollars to 500 thousand dollars.
Turkish citizenship can be obtained in several ways including buying a property in Turkey, provided that the date of buying the property is after 12/1/2017.
Turkish citizenship can be obtained through 4 ways as follows:
* First: Residing in Turkey for 5 continuous years with a work permit.
* Second: Exceptional Turkish citizenship, which is granted in special cases that include those with higher degrees.
* Third: Investing more than 250 thousand dollars in real estate and not selling the property for 3 years.
* Fourth: Obtaining Turkish citizenship after 3 years of marriage to a Turkish citizen.
* The property that was purchased on 19/09/2018 and later must be at least $ 250,000.
* The property purchased between 12/01/2017 and 18/09/2018 must be at least $ 1 million worth.
No, residence in Turkey is not required to obtain Turkish citizenship, you can obtain Turkish citizenship after purchasing the property in Turkey, even if the place of your permanent residence is outside of Turkey.
* You can also buy several properties on the condition that their combined value is more than $ 250,000.
No, the property can only be sold after 3 years from the date of purchase and you must write a pledge not to sell the property for 3 years. This pledge is recorded within the title deed.
It is possible to hold more than one nationality in Turkey, and there are no conditions by the Turkish government regarding the waiver of your original nationality when obtaining Turkish citizenship.
The duration of obtaining Turkish citizenship for investors may take up to 90 days to complete all legal and statutory procedures and approvals.
After purchasing a property conforms to the conditions of Turkish citizenship and applying for Turkish citizenship, a residence permit is issued to you and your family quickly.
Residing in Turkey is not required after purchasing the property, but the property should not be sold for 3 years.
The Turkish government studies the file for each investor and based on the security study of the file, the decision to grant citizenship is taken independently for each application. The decision is issued if approved by the Presidency of the republic.
1. Choosing a suitable property conforms to the conditions of Turkish citizenship.
2. Paying for the property through a bank transfer from inside or outside Turkey.
3. Placing a reservation on the property that prevents it from being sold for three years after obtaining the title deed.
4. Obtaining a letter from the Land Registry Directorate stating that the property conforms with conditions for obtaining citizenship.
5. Applying at the citizenship office to obtain an investor residence and start the studying of the file.
6. If the file is approved, the citizenship decision will be issued to the investor, his wife, and children under 18 years of age. The investor and his entire family can receive passports and national ID cards from Turkey or one of the Turkish representations abroad.
If you acquire Turkish citizenship after the age of 22, you will be exempted from military service in Turkey. All details of the Military Service Law provided to you by Imtilak Real Estate in the following article: Military Service Postponement and Exemption Fee in Turkey.
More than one partner in one property can obtain Turkish citizenship when the value of each partner’s share in the property is more than $ 250,000 for example if the number of partners is 2, then the value of the property must be more than 500 thousand dollars for each partner to obtain the Turkish citizenship.
The Turkish government does not require the waiver of original nationality upon obtaining Turkish citizenship, but there may be other legal controls from the government of the other country of which the investor holds its nationality.
No, proficiency in the Turkish language is required to obtain Turkish citizenship.
Turkish citizenship for a Syrian citizen can be obtained through one of the following methods:
1. A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
2. Providing job opportunities for at least 50 Turkish citizens.
3. Depositing no less than 500 thousand dollars in a Turkish bank.
The application for Turkish citizenship passes through eight stages, as follows:
1. First stage: Handing the documents over and checking from by the state.
2. Second stage: sending the documents to the capital, Ankara, to check the file and collect information.
3. Third stage: the evaluation of the citizenship department of the file.
4. Fourth stage: Research, audit, and investigation by several directorates and ministries in Turkey to issue the final evaluation.
5. Fifth stage: Collecting several approved applications in one list, and submitting them for approval.
6. Sixth stage: issuing the final decision.
7. Seventh stage: After ratifying the citizenship grant decision, the files are sent to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs.
8. Eighth stage: Review of Directorate of Population to receive the new identity.
Note that in the case of applying for citizenship in exchange for an investment, the submission will be to the citizenship office immediately after fulfilling the investment conditions, to obtain the investor's residence and start studying the Turkish citizenship file. If the file is approved, the citizenship decision of the investor and his family will be issued, passports and national identity cards can be received from Turkey or one of the Turkish representations abroad.
Yes, our professional legal team in Imtilak Real Estate can assist you in all governmental procedures and proceedings, complete all required forms and documents, ratify and translate them, and submitting the completed file for you and your family to the citizenship office.
You can make a delegate to our legal team in Imtilak Real Estate to follow all the procedures on your behalf, and you can rest assured in a full-of-confidence atmosphere.
According to the amendments to the Real Estate Ownership Law in Turkey, most citizens of countries of the world are now able to purchase real estate in Turkey, except for citizens of a few countries. Therefore, investors of all the nationalities that are allowed to own property in Turkey may apply for Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport, after purchasing real estate in Turkey worth more than 250 thousand US dollars.
According to the recent Turkish citizenship law and its executive regulations, the Turkish citizenship can be obtained, thus, you obtain the Turkish passport through several methods, including buying a property in Turkey worth more than $250,000.
The Turkish passport can be obtained after acquiring Turkish citizenship in several ways, including buying a property in Turkey with a value of at least 250 thousand dollars.